EJBC are a growing practice of accounting and tax professionals, with a passion to deliver an outstanding level of service to all our customers.
We regularly offer fantastic career opportunities in our Accounting, Taxation, Bookkeeping and Payroll departments.
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Chartered Accountant to join the team at our Newbury office. This is a full time role.
- Fully-qualified accountant – ICAEW / ACCA preferred.
- At least 2 years of post-qualification experience of working in small practice is essential.
- Confident with using and promoting the use of online accounting software.
- Confident in building strong relationships with clients.
- Diligent but efficient working practices.
- Experience in working as part of a team.
This opportunity will include:
- Preparation of annual accounts for sole traders, limited companies and partnerships.
- Preparation of management accounts, VAT calculations and ongoing compliance requirements for a range of clients.
- Preparation of self assessment tax returns.
- Developing relationships with a portfolio of clients, ensuring all accounting and tax requirements are met in a timely, accurate, professional and friendly manner.
- Working with a range of popular bookkeeping/accounting software packages such as Xero, Sage One, Sage 50 and practice management suites.
- Managing and supporting apprentices, junior staff and trainees.
- Being actively involved in practice initiatives designed to aid continued growth of the firm, strengthening relationships with clients and best practice procedures including GDPR & Making Tax Digital.
Salary will depend on level of experience.
Please apply with a covering letter and CV to Emma Thomas, EJBC Chartered Accountants, The Rectory, 1 Toomers Wharf, Canal Walk, Newbury. RG14 1DY